Magic Matt and I (one of my USF BCM students) were talking this morning about how he has been recruited to wear the coveted Chick-fil-a cow suit on campus. I began to wonder…what is Chick-fil-a’s secret? I mean they have coupons everywhere (I can feed my family of 6 for $13 with full meals and drinks!) and yet they make a killing in profits with a very limited menu. I can eat there every day and not get sick of it!
Then I realized the secret…church planting!
Yup, that’s it. Think about it. Chick-fil-a is closed across the nation on Sundays. Why? They say to give their employees a “Sabbath.” But, really they are planting churches. Every Sunday a church plant meets in the restaurant and when they grow too big they find their own campus.
How did I come up with this you ask?
- Coupons are secret tracts that present the Gospel subconsciously.
- They play music with Christian lyrics in the restaurants.
- Funding for the church plant comes from Truett Cathy.
- Their international church plants are getting ready to launch in India because they worship cows there!
- Their food is so addicting that you have to keep buying it to get your “fix.” Therefore, funding their church plants.
What do you think?
- Chick-Fil-A Training Video (jonedmiston.com)