How do you start a movement? Over at Ragamuffin Soul Carlos Whittaker talks about 7 steps to creating a movement. Along with it is an incredible video of a guy dancing by himself in the most awkward way possible (think Elaine from Seinfeld) but then starting a giant dance party. Check it out here.
Here are the seven steps
1. One man can start a movement.
2. A movement need not be started by the most skilled member of the movement.
3. When beginning your movement and you look around and no one else is joining the dance, just keep dancing.
4. When the one guy who joins your movement slowly fades away, keep going.
5. Before you know it, the people joining your movement won’t even know you started it.
6. When your movement takes a life of it’s own, just let go. There will be no stopping it.
7. The very people who are staring at you like your nuts as you movement alone, will be the very same people dancing the hardest in the end.
Don’t ever give up…keep going